Sunday, November 24, 2013

Week 12: Prompt 2

I had followed him for months. I had endured the long car trips, the shitty food, and the sparse bathrooms breaks, but it had been the best summer of my life. I had followed Twisted Sister across their whole American tour, and was the last stop. Tonight was my night, I was determined that Dee Snider would notice me. During the concert, I sipped my beer, while bobbing in and out of the frenzied crowd. My eyes followed Dee's every move as he gyrated and belted out the songs, his crazy blonde hair whipping sweat across his face. I danced my way across the edge of the stage until I came face to face with security. The big, meaty man in front of me straightened and tightened his crossed arms. I smiled coyly and let the beer slip from my hands. I gasped and slowly bent down to grab it, taking my time to stand back up. The guard was obviously pleased with what he saw, and he gestured me into back stage. The concert was winding down, and I picked my way amongst the mess to find Dee's room. A group of equally slutty girls were waiting outside, I grabbed a polo shirt that was hanging on an empty rack and quickly pulled it on. A quick glance in the mirror told me I looked official. I approached the girls and informed them that Dee would be meeting people in the common room down the hall. Eagerly, they skittered away. I entered Dee's room and waited. Tonight, was my night.

1 comment:

  1. Yes? Fact, fiction?

    If fact, nice vignette though I wouldn't mind if it had some paragraph breaks. If fiction, no place for it in Creative NonFiction. If fantasy or dream, give the reader a way of knowing that.

    ReplyDelete