Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Week 11: Prompt 2

Tools

As a child, my father always had his trusty tool at his side. A hammer. That hammer built many things.

The house we lived in until I moved out

A barn for my horse Fudge, to keep her warm at night. Even though he insisted that horses were the most useless pet in the world, that hammer still went to work.

My playhouse, where many great and imaginary adventures happened. 

As I grew older, he even built me a cedar chest to store all my greatest treasures, so that I could go back and relish in my youthful objects.

A crib for my first child, the hand worn edges were evident of all the use it received. 

1 comment:

  1. Not sure about the last line--is it the crib or the hammer with the "hand-worm edges"? For me, the first three items are excellent--but then it goes flat. "Great and imaginary adventures" and "greatest treasures" and "youthful objects" are shortcuts that offer the reader nothing to grab hold of.

    ReplyDelete