Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Week 11: Prompt 1

Uncle Henry's: http://www.unclehenrys.com/classified/4224322/classified?back=%2Fsearch%2Fall%3Fsr%3D1547638%234224322
"Golf Clubs .Full set of ladies right handed . For ladies 5'8"or shorter . SW through 6I . Tree hybrids 19,22,25 .1 and 3 woods , and a nice mallet style putter with cover . Cart bag that has insulated pocket for ice pack . Comes with a bunch of new ladies golf balls too . I bought these for like $300 3 or 4 yrs ago for my wife and she used them maybe 1/2 a doz times . Been in storage ever since ."

Most women would love for their husband to have some activity where he gets away from the house and leaves her alone. However, my husband is the exception. One time, I caught him cheating on me. He said he was gonna go to the golf course, but I knew better. I followed him, and low and behold, he was at her house. Well, the minute he got home, he got the biggest whopping of his life. I didn't leave him because it's not like someone else would love me. I am 5'5 and 195lbs, I got lots of "curves" on me. So I decided to stay, but I insisted on going with him to golf. Man, you should have seen the look of terror on his face. He looked like he had swallowed a canary. Surprisingly, he went out and bought me a club set, and I did my best to find my most embarrassing and provocative outfit that would accent "the girls". The first couple times we were at golf, I used the club more as lean post, and when he wasn't looking, I dug a hole in the green with my toe (that's a faux pas, right?). Eventually, I decided that my talents were better suited at the clubhouse, with a long island ice tea in my hand. Languidly, I sipped at the drink, while watching my husband from afar. From then on, my version of golf was my favorite past time. I'd sling that bag over my shoulder, make a couple laps around the clubhouse until I built up a sweat, then sit inside with an ice cold drink in hand. 

1 comment:

  1. Whew, no misery like a miserable marriage--not speaking from experience here! But as a reaction to the portrait you give here of two people chained unhappily together.

    The golfing details are funny and horrible at the same time. Nice!

    ReplyDelete