Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 7: Prompt 1

Take a look at a photo of a person. What do you see?

When I look at a early photo of my mother, I see happiness and carefree-ness. Very unlike her expression now. Not to say that my mother is not happy, she has many laugh lines and crinkles at her eyes, but true mirth rarely escapes her lips, her laughs are usually not genuine. In her photos she has blonde hair, which we are a family of dark skin and hair, and the glinting of the blonde seems to capture every good feature she has. She often talks longingly of her blonde locks, but my dad shoots it down with his sarcasm and all around grumpy behavior. The best part of old photos of my mother is the fashion. Jean jackets, bell bottoms and her humongous glasses test the limits of my laugh meter.

1 comment:

  1. Here's the money sentence, the one that BEGS for more, and you don't follow it up!!!

    "my dad shoots it down with his sarcasm and all around grumpy behavior. "

    We wonder if it somehow links up with "true mirth rarely escapes her lips, her laughs are usually not genuine. "

    Pretty frustrating for a reader to have the cookie snatched away just when we could darn near taste it.

    :(

    ReplyDelete