Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 7: Prompt 2

Who's the first person you remember?

First memories are hard. It's difficult to discern between an actual memory and people telling the same story over and over about you that you feel like you do remember it. The first real memory that I have is my mom. I was watching Barney and a commercial came on. I think it was a mayonnaise commercial. After watching the commercial, I became inspired by the little boy that made his mother a sandwich, and the mother was so happy to receive that sandwich. I promptly went to the kitchen and selected a knife and a tomato. I attempted to slice the tomato, but instead I knicked my finger. Man did I scream. My mother of course came running, and after glancing at my non-life threatening wound, she chided me for trying to cut the tomato. After I explained myself and blamed the TV (2 points to me for not taking credit!), I could see her expression soften a bit and she held me close. I am sure that I probably could think of an earlier memory if I tried, but this is one of my favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Do you need that last sentence? Don't undercut the power of the writing wiht a sentence like that! Don't break the mood! Do you see what I mean?

    And that first sentence. Why bother? It's a slow start and adds nothing that sentences 2 & 3 don't cover. Make sense?

    Cute story!

    ReplyDelete