Friday, September 20, 2013

Week 4: Prompt 2

If my dog could talk...

With all her many expressions, I would be afraid to hear the words that might come out of her mouth. She is a Bulloxer (Boxer+Bulldog) and usually has a goofy "grin" and bright, excited eyes. If she could talk, I am sure that she would tease me incessantly. She would probably say things like:

Hey ma, you got something on your chest!

I would (of course) look down and she would bop me in the face. Or she might be like a love struck little girl.

Ma, I really like this boy cat named Ruger, but he always picks on me and is never nice, every time we play together he bats at me and runs up high!

Then I could give the age old response of "well, when he is mean, that just means he likes you!"

She already likes to pick on my boyfriend and I by tapping us with her foot and running away quickly. She has the mentality of a 2 year old that just wants to play. If she suddenly started talking I don't think I could handle it. She would be like the dog from "UP", talking about nonsense then getting distracted mid-sentence to shout "SQUIRREL!!". Don't get me wrong, she is the best little pup and loves to sleep and snuggle but those hour long bouts of her being underfoot and talking my ear off would be to much. So, I do not wish that my dog could talk; however, I would be curious (for 5 min) on what she would have to say.

2 comments:

  1. But TS--except for 'Squirrel!' you never tell us the stuff she would say. YOu give us a fine set-up and background, but right where it's time for some bulloxer words of wisdom, you bug out!

    Try a rewrite where you let your poor pup tell the world what it needs to hear, however nonsensical that might be!

    ReplyDelete