Friday, September 13, 2013

Prompt 2: Dialogue between two people

Two people sit at a table, across from each other. The woman is in her early 20's with long brown hair, and very slight frame-like she hasn't eaten properly in months. The man is in his early 20's as well, blonde, fat, and has the beginnings of a red round nose and red cheeks from his apparent drinking. The two appear to be fighting.

"Look Burt, I just want out, I am so over this relationship and over you drinking and playing video games every night"

"Talia, you can't just leave, you made vows and promises to me!"

"Yea I may have made promises but you aren't being a proper husband, so as far as I am concerned this marriage has been doomed from the beginning. You drink, smoke, and stay up to 2 am playing video games! You don't work, you don't clean the house, you don't do anything!!"

"I can't live without you, you can't leave me..PLEASE!?"

"I warned you along time ago that it was going to come to this, and you apparently did not care, 'cuz you kept doing the same shit that I told you upset me. THEN you had the nerve to invite your lazy, good for nothing best friend to live with us. So now I have two of you! You both drink and smoke and drive me insane! I need to leave now"

The girl stood up and grabbed the bag that was next to her leg. She stood there for awhile staring at Burt as he bowed his head onto the table, looking sad and dejected.

"Look, this is not what I want to do, I still love you a lot, But I think that we were waaaay to young when we got married, and I think that we just need to start over and go back to being kids in our 20's." 

She whispered this softly and put her hand on the man's head, caressing it as she talked. A few tears fell out of her eyes and rolled down her cheek. She quickly wiped them away, and turned to the door. She paused at the door as Burt raised his head to say one last thing,

"If you walk out that door, don't plan on coming back."

Talia paused and bent her head to her chest, took a deep breath and put her hand to the door handle.

"OK Burt, I love you"

She whisked the door open and was gone.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't sound all that healthy or happy a relationship--I lost any possible sympathy for Burt with his ' walk out the door' speech. Obviously, he'll never stick to that! Saying it is sort of silly.

    I like the quick bambam ending--the last two grafs...very good.

    I'm going to assume that this is not fiction in a nonfiction course; I have to assume that you were not an eavesdropper in this conversation but more likely a participant; and I'll finally assume that names were changed (perfectly legitimate in creative nonfiction.)

    ReplyDelete