Friday, September 13, 2013

Prompt 1: Go to a crowded public place and be a fly on the wall


As I sat in the Eagle's Nest Cafe', I happened to overhear the following conversation:

"So, I heard that she passed out at the party and Greg had to carry her home." She said this sentence so violently that her pony tail whipped all around her head.

"O-M-G! No way?! She is such a lightweight..."

The two girls took a few bites of the sandwiches in front of them, and I took a moment to study them. Both girls were probably 19 and cared way too much about their appearance, they had heavy make-up, perfect hair, and expensive clothes. I surmised that they were probably daddy's girls and had never worked a day in their life. Suddenly, the first girl with the pony tail set her sandwich down and began to talk again,

"Yea, so she was totally wasted and after Greg carried her home he said that he tucked her in and left. BUT, when I was coming home, I saw Katie outside with some guy, and he was way too tall to be Greg."

The other girl's eyes widened and she stifled a giggle

"So wait, your telling me that Katie might be cheating on Greg? Did you see who he was??"

"No, It was like 2 AM and I couldn't get a good look"

"So not only is she a lightweight, she is a whore too" She laughed and shook her head in disbelief.

1 comment:

  1. Nice feeling for where and how to end a piece like this. You might consider dropping "in disbelief" and letting your readers fill in the blanks, but that's a minor point. Good observation and dialogue.

    ReplyDelete