Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 9: Prompt 3

I came, I saw, I conquered


I sat in the shop, waiting for my car to be fixed. I listlessly flipped through a three year old magazine that had odd stains and splotches throughout the covers. The lady running the counter was something out of a movie. Bright red lipstick, curly hair that she twisted around her finger and lip smacking gum that irritated me to no end. I glanced back to my magazine more out of boredom then necessity. Suddenly a mechanic came out of the shop to talk to "Gum Smacker". He is tall and blonde with bright blue eyes. Dirt and grime is smeared across his face and hands which give him a rough look. When he is done talking to the woman, she whispers something back, and for a brief moment my ears can take a rest from the incessant gum chewing. When they finish their conversation, "Blue Eyes" glances over at me. He smiles and winks, the feeling in my chest is electric. Suddenly I awake from my daydreaming and glance over at the man sleeping next to me. He opens his blue eyes, then slowly smiles and winks at me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice vignette for week 8, but I don't see it as week 9--linked vignettes. No link! So, what are you going to do with it?

    ReplyDelete