Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 10: Prompt 2

The figure lumbers towards me, a gaping open mouth is all I see. The fingers are outstretched and the eyes are vacant as they stare beyond me. Instinctively, I pick up the closest item towards me. It is a large tree branch. It feels heavy in my hand and I slowly bounce and twist it in my hand finding the perfect grip. Sweat drips down my forehead and into my eyes. I am so glued on the figure that I do not take the time to wipe it away. The swear stings my eyes and makes me blink. When I open my eyes again, the figure is closer then I anticipated, I raise the tree branch....and then I woke up and it was only a dream.

1 comment:

  1. Welllllll, I don't think this prompt really asks the reader to recount a dream--instead, it asks the reader to think about what is dreamlike and what is not in ordinary 'waking' life. But any confusion is the fault of the unclear prompt and, therefore, my mistake, not yours.

    ReplyDelete