Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Week 8: Prompt 3

When I walk along a city street, I feel almost claustrophobic and unable to fathom what little space people have between their houses and for front/back lawns. I could never live in a house where I could stick my head out the window and lick my neighbor's siding. Even when I was fresh out of high school and doing the apartment thing, I always found an obscure apartment that suited my country needs. When I walk along my street, or on the streets where I was raised, I see nothing but trees, birds, gravel, flowers, and the wind as my partner. When I walk out at night I can see the night sky, count the stars, and revel at the way you can see Venus unaided on a cloudless night.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting how all three week 8 prompts fit together, could almost be linked vignettes: "Country Roads and City Streets" could be the title!

    ReplyDelete