Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Week 6: Prompt 2

The safest place in the world....

My home is the safest place in the world. It's not much on the outside, but it has a lot of heart. It was once a trailer that was remodeled quite nicely and now resembles a quaint little house. However, the salmon colored siding with the green rood would not have been my first choice, that's the first thing to go. Once you step inside, you enter a small entry way with a beautiful oak coat/shoe rack. The yellow walls nicely offset the light colored wood. Unfortunately, my terror of a puppy chewed the corner off of the cabinet, so we try to not look at it, I swear it's on my "to do" list. After the entry way you get to the kitchen and living room. My boyfriend's unnecessarily large TV is center on the wall surrounded by a sectional couch. The kitchen is small but perfect for me, The hallway and the bathroom is littered with my "creepy" art. Trust me, I didn't give them this label, but I like odd and unique art and my nephew is so terrified he won't go near them.  The bedroom is the only part I am proud of. It used to be two rooms, but we knocked out a wall and made it a master bedroom. I painted the walls this sky blue color and offset it with a bright white trim. The whispy curtains give it a ethereal appeal and the lighthouse, vacation, and ocean themed decor give you an insant air of relaxation. The top off to this wonderful room, is the bed. It's king size and a memory foam to boot! You simply sink into it without a care in the world and you feel as if nothing could go wrong, and everything it as peace.

1 comment:

  1. "my terror of a puppy chewed the corner off of the cabinet, so we try to not look at it,"

    :)


    "my nephew is so terrified he won't go near them. "

    :)

    Little throw-ins and details like these make a piece. But compare this to the description of Casey's house--that one lifts off immediately and flies high throughout; this one doesn't have that frame or string of memories to really juice it.

    ReplyDelete