Friday, September 6, 2013

Week 2: Prompt 3

It was the first, but not the best--or was it?

My first day of college was an intimidating thing. I had no clue that you were supposed to buy your books; silly me, I thought they handed them out like in high school. I also was unable to even find the hall or the classroom number that I was supposed to go to. By time I showed up to the classroom, everyone had already left. Apparently, the teacher had just handed out the syllabus, explained a little about the class, and then dismissed everyone-and they had all left. Humiliated, I shuffled back to my car, not really sure what I was supposed to do next. As I sat in the driver's side seat, I happened to glance at the time, joyfully I realized that my class didn't start for another 30 minutes. In my haste, I had read the clock wrong. I skipped to the classroom and happily noticed that I was the first to arrive. Sadly, I think that was the ONLY time that I was on-time for that class.

1 comment:

  1. Whew, that is a lot of confusion and missed connections and stress! Very convincing narrative and details.

    ReplyDelete